- Be composed of the Chair who is a member of the Executive Committee, the editors-in-chief of the IUBMB journals, and the Chair of the Nomenclature Committee in accordance with By-Law 12.
- Advise the Executive Committee on all matters that concern Publications and appointments to editorial boards.
- Consider and recommend publication policies for the Union.
- Conduct negotiations with publishers with respect to publications and make recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Coordinate the activities of the editors-in-chief of the Union's journals.
- IUBMB Life
- Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry
- Biochemical Education
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences
- Molecular Aspects of Medicine
- The IUBMB Nicholson Metabolic Pathways Charts
- Enzyme Nomenclature