- Chair the Committee on Education.
- Act as a source of advice on all aspects of education in biochemistry and molecular biology in areas where biochemistry and molecular biology are developed as well as in areas where they are less so.
- Use the funds provided to the Committee to the best advantage and be responsible for the reviewing and approving of requests for funds by the Committee.
- Ensure that the Committee is proactive and seek to deploy funds for initiatives considered to be of importance to the Committee's mission and to implement those initiatives.
- Work closely with the corresponding committees of the Regional Organizations and arrange support on a matching basis for approved activities in the area of the Regional Organization.
- Hold meetings of the Committee at all opportunities such as on the occasion of scientific meetings and keep in touch with the Committee and with the Executive Committee on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the Committee is representative of the IUBMB family and the Regional Organizations and is turned over regularly as prescribed by By-Law 12.
- Maintain a continual review of the Committee's responsibilities and make recommendations to the Executive Committee with suggestions as to how to augment the available funds.
- Be an ex officio member of the editorial board of Biochemical Education, promote sales of that journal, and supply, and urge the Committee to supply, copy to the journal describing the work of the Committee or based on their opinion or experience in teaching innovations.
- Request and keep on record reports of all activities sponsored by the Committee. Distribute summaries of these reports to the EC and for posting on the IUBMB website.
- Keep records and provide a description of the procedures used for the benefit of his or her successor and other interested parties.
- Advertise sponsored activities, and the Committee's policies, through the IUBMB web site, the Union's publications and elsewhere.
EC Meeting SFO
13-15 May 1999
modified 30 September 1999